Around 260 million of people speak Portuguese.
It is the 5th most spoken language in the world!
Why you should learn Portuguese?
To impress your friends? To meet new people? To talk to someone you love?
Need more reasons?
Here’s a few…
– You have Brazilian friends or maybe you just want to talk to that cute Brazilian girl/guy;
– You love soccer and are planning to go to Brazil in 2014 for the FIFA World Cup;
– You love sports and are planning to go to Rio in 2016 for the Olympic Games;
– You love Brazilian music and want to understand the lyrics from your favorite songs;
– You want to travel to Brazil which has some of the most beautiful beaches and vacation spots in the world – not to mention the warm and welcoming people;
– You want to travel to Portugal which has breathtaking sights of the Atlantic ocean, beautiful cities and it’s inexpensive. It is a peaceful country with history on every corner;
– You want to improve your business opportunities – Brazil’s economy is growing faster and is a target for investors all over the world. Adding a language to your resumé will increase your job opportunities;
– You want to read all those Brazilians and Portuguese authors in the original language and watch Brazilian TV with its really well produced soap operas and mini series;
– You want to improve your language skills. Portuguese is a Latin language and if you know Portuguese it’s going to be easier to learn French, Italian, Spanish, Romanian, and it’s also easier to learn Portuguese if you speak one of these languages;
– Portuguese is easier to learn than French, Russian or Chinese;
– You can speak Portuguese in Brazil, Portugal, Angola, Mozambique, Cape Verde, Guinea-Bissau, East Timor, São Tomé and Príncipe; it is also one of the official languages of Macau in China and Goa in India and in Equatorial Guinea. And don’t forget the many millions of Portuguese speakers living all around the world. Two million in the United States!
So, what are you waiting for?
Use this website to learn everything you can about the Portuguese language, Brazil and Portugal. Everything because my goal, with your collaboration, is to make this one of the most complete weblogs on the subject. Please send me suggestions of articles, other websites and blogs and any questions you may have.
Obrigada / Thanks!
And, if these reasons are not enough, check out More reasons to learn Portuguese.